NIST Framework– Keeping your company safe should be a top priority. Indeed, cybercrime is rising, and you need to make sure you’re prepared. That’s why you need an organized cybersecurity plan. To make security a little easier to tackle, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) sets cybersecurity guidelines to help you stay safe against cyberattacks. In particular, NIST’s list of standards can help you figure out where to spend your time and money. And a cybersecurity consulting partner can help you achieve maximum time and cost savings.
How to comply with NIST Framework
Cybersecurity consulting firms may only provide guidance on how to make your company secure. And they may charge you a premium to implement the security. Even with expert guidance to follow, you still need someone who knows what they’re doing so they can help you implement change. After all, making your business safe not only costs money, but you also need to have the right team that knows what they are doing.
This is where a managed service provider (MSP) comes in. An MSP has all of the right people to help you achieve your goals. More specifically, they offer cybersecurity services but also provide the actual services to manage what you hired them for.
The NIST guidelines are broken out into five distinct areas:
- List all of the computers, tablets, phones and other devices in your network.
- Shield these computers by practicing proper security.
- Control who can get into your computers. Use security software. Perform updates regularly.
- Look for unusual activity and users.
- Create a plan for cyberattacks, recovering from attacks, natural disasters and more.
- Develop a plan for letting your customers know what’s going on.
- Have a plan for keeping your company running when something happens.
- Figure out how to fix everything after an attack.
- Develop a plan to let your customers know about the recovery status.
Although the list is short, these items take time to address. Also, they can be difficult to put into action, but an MSP will help you achieve your goals and manage your security going forward.
SecureTech for your Cybersecurity Consulting needs
Trying to put a plan like this into place takes experience and enough money to get it right. You don’t want a rookie on the job trying to learn as they go. You need an expert team to get it done right at the right cost.
SecureTech is an MSP in San Antonio, TX that can help you. In fact, our solutions take away the burden of having to manage your IT environment by yourself. Don’t waste your time trying to figure it all out on your own. Instead, contact SecureTech to protect your company the right way.